opening files in "data" format"

rien 15:22 25 Aug 2006

I have received several files as e-mail attachments with Outlook Express which are in "data" format. I have saved them and tried
several ways, Notepad, Wordpad, Microsoft Works, to open these with no success. Is there a way to open these files?
All these files are ATT0000 type.

rien 18:05 25 Aug 2006

I made an error in my previous message. It should have read:-
I have received several files as e-mail attachments with Outlook Express which are in "dat" format. I have saved them and tried
several ways, Notepad, Wordpad, Microsoft Works, to open these with no success. Is there a way to open these files?
All these files are ATT0000 type.

The error was "data" unstead of "dat"

FelixTCat 18:14 25 Aug 2006

rien,

Do you know the person you received them from?

Were you expecting them?

If not, You are best not even trying to open them. If you do, ask the sender what they are.

Regards,

Felix

Fingees 18:51 25 Aug 2006

If you click on the file.

Windows will normally promp to ask if it should check how to open the file via the internet.

If you click yes, it will tell you what program or download is required to open it.

VoG II 19:02 25 Aug 2006

If you Google for ATT0001.DAT you will find some possible solutions. It is to do with the format that e-mails are sent in.

rien 13:26 26 Aug 2006

Thanks for your replies. Problem is now solved. the sender had used Outlook for the mail, not Outlook Express, so sent the message again via OE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?