open winzip file

landerond 18:23 01 Jan 2007

I am able to download awinzip file O.K. but am unable to open it from "my documents,"get the pop up box "open with",however non of the selection works,
Thanks

VoG II 18:26 01 Jan 2007

Right click > Open With > Compressed (zipped) folders

landerond 19:11 01 Jan 2007

I have no " winzip compressed"option toopen with

thanks

anskyber 19:13 01 Jan 2007

Try 7 zip. click here

VoG II 20:17 01 Jan 2007

Which version of Windows?

megat193 21:33 01 Jan 2007

This is the second thread where you are asking for help with zipped files.

Was there anything wrong with the advice we gave you in the first one?

landerond 21:44 01 Jan 2007

O/S is M.E

landerond 21:51 01 Jan 2007

did reply, think dropped the line, I was wrong in first instance,filr was unzipped,and in "my documents" but could not open it with any of the "open with options" thanks for staying with me

Devil Fish 21:51 01 Jan 2007

Try Izarc it will cover just about every compressed file type you are likely to come across

click here

megat193 22:12 01 Jan 2007

OK, that's fine. Perhaps if you 'resolve' the first thread it can be closed off and we can concentrate on your updated problem.

Good Luck.

megat193 22:18 01 Jan 2007

You say that you can download a winzip file but are unable to open it in 'My Documents'. Does this mean that you have software to unzip the original file and are then extracting the contents of the zipped archive into 'My Documents'?

If so, when you open the zipped archive, what file extensions are you seeing in the archive contents?

If you are not opening the zipped archive, what exactly are you trying to open in 'My Documents'?

Once we get an idea of the actions you are carrying out, we might be able to get to the bottom of this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?