open to tiscali

jim63 21:17 16 Sep 2006

How can I get tiscali to open when I click on tiscali icon

Stuartli 21:22 16 Sep 2006

If you explained whether you meant Tiscali's home page or to connect to Tiscali's BB service (or whatever you mean) it would help...:-)

jim63 22:09 16 Sep 2006

when I click on "connect" it takes ages for tiscali home page to open

bluto1 23:04 16 Sep 2006

Are you on Dial-up or Broadband?
If you`re on BB you should have a green square on your desktop, which, when clicked on, brings up Tiscali`s home page. I can`t help with dial-up.

jim63 09:49 17 Sep 2006

I am on BB The problem is on my laptop. My pc is okay. On my pc the moment I click on icon it connects and straight away it opens in tiscali home page.
On laptop a different connection appears and when it connects it will take ages to open in tiscali home page. Sometimes I have to click on IE to get the home page to open when connected.

bluto1 10:56 17 Sep 2006

This might work. Switch laptop off and reboot without going on BB. Disable your firewall and whatever anti virus programme you have running, then run you Tiscali disc to uninstall Tiscali. Disconnect any modem and telephone, and rerun the disc to reinstall Tiscali. As you know there are prompts all along the way which you should follow. Remove the disc, reboot and re-enable your Firewall and AV programme and then activate your BB and you should get the Tiscali page.
All the best.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone