Open Office Presentation

Yimbo 16:14 23 Nov 2009

I'm using this programme to produce slides of song words for projection. I can only get white background with black text - whereas I would prefer black background with white text. How can I access the blank black slides on which to place the text? Thanks!

Belatucadrus 16:56 23 Nov 2009

Look in the "Tasks" section to the right hand side when creating the slide, there should be a section entitled "Master Pages" this is actually a drop down box that will reveal a selection of background colour schemes when you click on it. There are several with a white text on black background. Just click on the scheme of choice and the active slide will be updated to that scheme.

BT 17:05 23 Nov 2009

For simplicity I would do it like this

Start with a blank slide
Draw a rectangle to fill the slide
Fill it with Black
Save as a template

Select the type tool,and type your text
Highlight text and change colour to white, and adjust size etc.

Yimbo 17:56 23 Nov 2009

The "Master Pages" drop down doesn't really have what I'm looking for - which is plain black with white text! BT - I can draw the rectangle ok, but where do I find the Black to fill in?

Belatucadrus 20:18 23 Nov 2009

OK, create a blank slide then go Format/Page this will open a new window entitled Page Setup, select the second tab "Background" Then from the Fill dropdown menu go to Color. This will open a new colour selector, Black is at the top of the list, select it and click OK. You'll now get a question box asking if you want to apply this to all the slides in the presentation, click Yes and you're away, the default text colour for a black background is white.

Yimbo 14:44 24 Nov 2009

Thank you SO much. Your advice has worked a treat! I'm much obliged!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires