Open Office and DTP

fontenay 12:59 03 Feb 2008

I am thinking of changing from MS Office to Open Office but believe there is no equivalent to MS Publisher in the latter.

Can anyone recommend a DTP programme compatible with Open Office which could also be used on a Mac? (buying my first iMac soon and will be running it alongside present pc).

Taff™ 13:43 03 Feb 2008

Do you have publisher files currently? I don`t know of anything that`s compatible with them anyway. I use Word for all my DTP requirements and I imagine that OO Writer would suffice, it can certainly open the projects created in Word without any problem.

Newuser939 15:40 03 Feb 2008

Or, if it is desktop publishing program you are looking for, you might like to try this the SE version is free and might be perfectly adequate for your needs.
click here

€dstowe 15:52 03 Feb 2008

Newuser939's suggestion is fine for most people. If you want something more advanced but don't want to pay too much, have a look at PaintShop Pro.

fontenay 22:05 03 Feb 2008

Thanks for the suggestions. Any more would be welcome too.

brundle 22:10 03 Feb 2008

Scribus is pretty good,but I don't know precisely which file formats it uses. click here

Taff™ 06:19 04 Feb 2008

This describes the file types click here Note that it is compatible with OO but I`ve never used it myself either.

fontenay 07:22 05 Feb 2008

Thanks for the help and advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?