Open Office 2.0.4 Help Font Size

Pesala 08:47 20 Oct 2006

This has happened before in an earlier version of Open Office. I didn't find the solution then either.

The font in Open Office help has suddenly become enormous for no known reason: click here It was normal when I first installed the program.

Removing Open Office and resinstalling it makes no difference.

Does anyone know what controls the size of the font in Open Office help?

johnnyrocker 09:40 20 Oct 2006

tools/options/fonts?

johnny.

Pesala 09:57 20 Oct 2006

Doesn't affect the font used for help, only the font used for editing macros.

johnnyrocker 09:58 20 Oct 2006

if a wheel mouse what happens if you hold ctrl and scroll with the mouse?

johnny.

Pesala 10:25 20 Oct 2006

What happens when you scroll with a wheel mouse?

Pesala 10:46 20 Oct 2006

click here

As you can see, I first had the problem over a year ago, then it disappeared. Now it has returned. No one was able to offer a solution then either.

I am pretty conversant with Open Office now, and have checked all of the Options I can think of.

Open Office Help is unusual. It doesn't use CHM files but some JAR scripts and CSS style sheets.

Pesala 17:16 20 Oct 2006

click here

Tools, Options, General, Help formatting. Change the style from default to high contrast, then change it back to default.

The default.css stylesheet has not been modified. All stylesheets share the same date and timestamp.

Pesala 19:11 20 Oct 2006

I had been editing an HTML file in Open Office, and zoomed in 200% If you do that the font size in help increases by 200%.

To set the font size in help to what you want, zoom in while in web view to 120%, 150% or whatever you like. Zoom to 100% to reset the Help Font Size to the default.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?