Open new tab in Firefox.

anskyber 21:12 06 Feb 2007

I think I'm getting tired now. I've got FF2 opening links in new tabs but I can only open bookmarks (IE favourites) in new tabs by right clicking and selecting open in new tab.

Is there a way to open bookmarks in new tabs?

Totally-braindead 21:19 06 Feb 2007

Does this help at all click here

Technotiger 21:43 06 Feb 2007

Hi, as an experiment I just tried it in FF2. First I clicked on 'Show Bookmarks' then I clicked on 'Open New Tab' finally I clicked on one of my bookmarks - hey presto it opened in the new tab.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:38 06 Feb 2007

Open your Bookmarks (book icon)

Right click one of you bookmarks

select open in new tab

Technotiger 22:43 06 Feb 2007

Hmmm, maybe we are all getting tired ... in your post you have already answered your own question!

:-))

ashdav 00:15 07 Feb 2007

If you have a mouse with a clickable scroll wheel put the cursor over the bookmark and press the wheel.

anskyber 11:44 07 Feb 2007

9 hours of sorting Vista just about saw me off yesterday!

Still here though. Yes I did answer my own question! I did wonder though if like IE7 it was possible to do so from a single click of the bookmark itself rather than right clicking it first. In IE7 if you click a small button to the right of the favourite (bookmark) it launches a new tab as a single click rather than the left/right routine of FF.

I do now have IE7 back. One of my bundled bits of software with my Canon scanner (Omnipage 2.0) was blocking IE7, a simple uninstall did the trick. It was just luck finding the culprit amongst all the bits of software I have.

anskyber 11:46 07 Feb 2007

I should have added, many thanks to all for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires