Open Hotmail emails with firefox how?

ACOLYTE 17:10 24 Jan 2008

I have just installed firefox,and have hit a problem whenever i login to MSN i have emails but when i try to check them it always opens IE not firefox,is there a way to change this?

Sea Urchin 17:28 24 Jan 2008

Go into Firefox and click Tools > Options > Main tab and where it says Always Check if Firefox is my Default Browser click on Check Now. Then say Yes to make it the default.

ACOLYTE 17:31 24 Jan 2008

It is already set as my default browser,but MSN still goes for IE not firefox.

octal 17:32 24 Jan 2008

ACOLYTE, I keep reading your post and I can't really puzzle out what you are saying. The way I'm reading it is when you open Firefox and click on your emails then it opens IE instead, I'm sure that's not what you mean, it's probably me being thick, sorry.

ACOLYTE 17:44 24 Jan 2008

Ok ill try to explain more.I log into MSN,the pop box comes up telling me i have emails i click the popup and MSN opens IE and takes me to my emails,what i wont to happen is Firefox open instead of IE,as Firefox is now my default browser thats what i thought would happen.Hope thats a bit clearer.

tullie 17:49 24 Jan 2008

Personnely.i just access mine by way off messenger icon or windows live mail page,i dont really understand what problem is,im thick to,lol

octal 17:50 24 Jan 2008

Ah I understand now, thanks.

lotvic 17:52 24 Jan 2008

Not something I know much about but apparently you need
"Use "Messenger Plus" with "Stuff Plug NG" installed." to be able to do it click here

Sea Urchin 18:05 24 Jan 2008

It seems you are not alone - google for your problem and it is quite widespread. The following is a "solution" from the Yahoo forum, but I can't vouch for its success. Worth a try though.

go to: Start- settings-control panel-double click 'add/remove programs'- click on 'set program access and defaults'-select 'non-microsoft' button- change web browser to Firefox (which should be on the drop down menu)- click 'OK'.

ACOLYTE 18:08 24 Jan 2008

I have heard Messenger plus has a lot of spy ware involved with it,so I'm not sure about installing that.I will check the other way mentioned and see what happens.

ACOLYTE 18:48 24 Jan 2008

It is hard to work out what does what on that access thing,as far as i can tell i have set everything to do with web browsing to Fire fox as default but there was no drop down box only a list and tick boxes.The thing is the ticks don't correspond to the program.
The tick for fire fox is next to IE and vice-versa
so its really hard to say what i have set up its all trail and error atm.
It does say deny access to IE but when i close it and open it again its all set back to default really weird.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?