Open each window full screen...

wotbus@ 10:21 12 Dec 2006

Now what's wrong? They used to, now they don't! My pages/windows have started opening in little screens, not even central, some top left, some to one side, some tall and thin'ish. Is there a box to click somewhere to make sure all windows open full screen? Thanks :-(

Smiler 10:29 12 Dec 2006

I had that problem and used this little beauty
click here

wotbus@ 10:34 12 Dec 2006

Hi Smiler. Does it work with windows outside IE? All my docs etc are misbehavin too.

Smiler 11:12 12 Dec 2006

Yes that's why it's caled IEMaximizer ;-)

Smiler 11:13 12 Dec 2006

OOps sorry misread your post Donesn't work OUTSIDE IE :-(

Smiler 11:15 12 Dec 2006

Have you checked for malware or virus?

wotbus@ 15:01 12 Dec 2006

Yup, tried all I can think of - settings etc. I don't understand why it just happened. I thought dragging a page to full size and with the option "remember how it was last opened"etc, would do it, but no.

Curio 19:16 12 Dec 2006

click here this should help

wotbus@ 21:15 12 Dec 2006

Thanks Curio. I have been dragging the picture to top left then pulling down to bottom right as your link suggests but still no good. Something else I have noticed: before this problem, if I had occasion to to drag a window larger (dragging down and right), the whole window would enlarge as I dragged it. Now, when I drag, only the outline of a rectangle moves and when I release the click the window fills the rectangle, if you get what I mean. I have been through all the settings I can find and "defaulted" them but it's still the same.

Coff 21:49 12 Dec 2006

For the outline problem when you drag a window, right click My Computer, click on Properties>Advanced>Settings (under Performance). Tick the "Show windows content while dragging" box.

VoG II 21:52 12 Dec 2006

System Restore?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?