Ontrack Systemsuite & ISP connection

plsndrs3 20:41 01 Jun 2003

Hi,

Systemsuite offers a virus protector, firewall, disk clean up facility & others. I use all these and have recently upgraded the version per the software's own website - and then my troubles began!

I use Windows XP home and AOL via a ISDN USB modem with the firewall feature switched on [yes, I know this is a bit overkill but I'm security sensitive, OK?]. After the upgrade, the firewall makes the sign on to AOL hang and I have noticed I have 2 icons in the task bar when I used to have 1. If I disable the firewall on either icon, I connect OK - but I'd rather be a belts & braces kinda guy as it means surfing without the firewall & the reason for getting the package it is fully integrated.

It occurs to me that Systemsuite may be loading twice [?] and that this creates the problem as both have the same processes running on a 'right-click'. Any ideas how I can diable one of them without re-installing [I'd have to run the virus updates again!]?

Many thanks all,

Paul

plsndrs3 21:52 01 Jun 2003

^Bump^

plsndrs3 11:54 02 Jun 2003

^ Bump for one last try ^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?