Onspeed, AOL and Internet Explorer

O2 15:09 14 Jun 2005

I use IE6 'on top' of AOL as my ISP. I've recently subscribed to Onspeed and, as advised on the Onspeed site, use it with Firefox, again with AOL. I'm quite impressed by the improvement with many web sites. However, I wonder if anyone knows whether it is possible to configure IE for use with Onspeed and AOL? Many thanks.

mattyc_92 20:14 14 Jun 2005

Haven't got an answer, but at least this is "bumping" your thread from the dreaded Page 2....

O2 20:17 14 Jun 2005

Thanks, anway, mattyc_92.

O2 09:37 16 Jun 2005

Just having another try!

gudgulf 10:15 16 Jun 2005

It seems IE should configure automatically for OnSpeed according to their Help site click here

O2 13:44 16 Jun 2005

Thanks, gudulf - not with AOL, apparently. However, if Firefox works I just feel that IE should!

gudgulf 14:07 16 Jun 2005

Quote from the help site:

"AOL/Compuserve

Due to AOL/Compuserve customisations to the Internet Explorer ONSPEED is not able to accelerate it. You will need an alternative browser. We recommend the use of Firefox (click here). Changing to an alternative browser is also recommended for security reasons as the Internet Explorer is one of the most prominent applications used to infect computers with viruses."

It looks like you are out of luck with IE.

O2 20:08 16 Jun 2005

Thanks, again, gudgulf. Yes, in fact it was this info. from Onspeed that made me wonder whether it was possible. Loks like it isn't, though I feel it should be. Cheers.

O2 20:50 27 Jun 2005

One final try!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?