Only 'Today' shown in History IE6

newton_rover 19:54 21 Feb 2004

I can only see the 'Today' page of History including the sites visited although History is set to keep 21 pages. I run XP pro with IE6 Service release 1 and Norton Systemworks 2003. I had to reinstall Systemworks a couple of days ago and wonder if that is where the fault came in. Last night I had the full 'Today' History showing on its own but then late at night 'Friday' came up as well. The next morning Friday had disappeared and 'Today' was left on its own again but empty of sites. The only things to have happened overnight were a Norton Defrag and a scheduled Full system Virus scan which said "No infections Found". Can anyone help please

©®@$? 20:10 21 Feb 2004

have you got any cleanup programs, that may have a setting to delete history etc

is there an option of this sort in system works

anon1 20:13 21 Feb 2004

I think you may have misread something here. The number refered to in the internet options is DAYS to keep history not the number of pages. Do you use anything like internet sweeper or any similar privacy type software? If you open ie and click tool then internet options then click the settings tab at 'temporary internet files' you will then get the option to 'view files' from there you can see ALL your temp files

kyprosman 20:14 21 Feb 2004

tools,internet options,on the general tab page you can alter the days to save up to 99

newton_rover 22:55 21 Feb 2004

Many thanks ©®@$? for the tip about checking the settings for the Systemworks cleanup programme.
Yes, it does have an entry for removing history and I am ashamed to say it was ticked.

Have taken out the tick and hope all is now well.

Also, many thanks anon1 and kyprosman for your help.

©®@$? 23:02 21 Feb 2004

your welcome, and don't be ashamed it happens to us all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017