only posts when reset

POP 14:54 17 May 2009

Gigabyte GA-MA 770-DS3, 6400+ CPU, 4670 Vid Card.Switch on, computer starts gets to "Gigabyte S-Series splash screen then just sits there.Press reset button, computer starts normally and is okay until same thing the next time.Not a major thing just annoying but would appreciate any ideas too cure. Thanks, Pop.

Pineman100 14:58 17 May 2009

Try unplugging any peripherals, and then see if it still does the same thing.

Mine does it if I switch on with my HP computer plugged in and switched on. It's so easy to ensure that the printer is switched off before I boot up that I've never bothered to try and trace the conflict!

If the problem suddenly started recently, you could also try a System Restore back to a point before it started.

canarieslover 15:08 17 May 2009

How old is computer? It could be something as simple as motherboard battery is failing so bios cannot do auto check on drives. Re-setting seems to leave the battery with that little boost from power being on so that bios can do its business properly. Had similar fault to this on my son's old machine even though it was not losing time/date settings. worth a try for a couple pounds before you spend hours looking for any other solution.

POP 19:42 17 May 2009

Canarieslover, the board & batt is only about 6 months old still a new batt is certainly worth a try.
Pineman, will try unplugging everything before starting tomorrow as I will be online gaming until eleven or twelve tonight. Thanks for both your' inputs. Pop

POP 12:54 18 May 2009

Pineman, unplugging everything has done the trick.Will plug in some of it each morning until it happens again. Thanks to you both for help. Pop

Pineman100 15:53 18 May 2009

Glad it worked, Pop. Please remember to tick and click Resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?