Only half the window displaying

anniesboy68 15:53 15 Nov 2006

I have a programme that when clicked to open only displays half the programme window. The other half is off screen. Can somebody advise me what settings to alter in order to show all the window, please

anskyber 15:55 15 Nov 2006

Just out of interest which programme is it?

anniesboy68 16:16 15 Nov 2006

anskyber.... Its Eat Tec backup from the PC Advisor disk, and paid for full upgrade. Have I had problems!!!!!!! First the downloads packed up half way through, then three attempted downloads was the limit, and now every two out of three times I get an error message. Phew!!!!!!!

Simsy 16:29 15 Nov 2006

the title bar of the window, click on it and drag it into view.

Having done that, can you resize the window by clicking and dragging on a corner?

Regards,

Simsy

anniesboy68 16:40 15 Nov 2006

Ok, thanks, yes it does drag completely into view. However, the window is NOT sizeable i.e you are not able to increase or decrease the size, on this particular programme window. The reason for my request is that the window should open onto the desktop as all other progrmme windows do. AB68

anniesboy68 19:10 15 Nov 2006

No takers on this???

Simsy 21:28 15 Nov 2006

maximising it, when it's in view?

If that's possible, and suitable, you may be able to change the shortcut to it so that it opens maximised...

You do that by right clicking on the shortcut, selecting "Properties", and changing the appropriate box to "Maximised"

(For what it's worth, I have come across another programme that exhibits this behaviour... a prog that came with my dads Fuji camera... and I never did get it sorted, though it is useable!)

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

anniesboy68 16:22 16 Nov 2006

No, no maximise box. However I have been in touch with the programme "maker" [if thats the term] and they have forward me another download complete wirh a de bug log [to sort out the other problems] and this has solved that one. Thanks anyway AB68

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?