Only current System Checkpoint

Jay78Dee 15:18 03 Jul 2004

Why has System Restore suddenly started showing only the current day's checkpoint? It used to have three or four, which was useful if one didn't notice a mess until a few days later! Now it only shows one - mostly, though I have surprised it with two on occasion! I keep the full 12% space for it. Could it have something to do with either a new partition (which doesn't have any space allotted) or a misguided use of System Works ages ago, which I deleted in a hurry, as the cure was more trouble than the symptoms.

rawprawn 15:33 03 Jul 2004

Have you looked at June,it is posible you may only have one resyore point in July

BurrWalnut 16:31 03 Jul 2004

Could the interval between checkpoints have been changed?

In WinXP, Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore. In RPGlobalInterval it is set to 86400 (seconds) which represents 24 hours. Change it accordingly.

Jay78Dee 15:33 04 Jul 2004

I should have thanked you both before I said it was resolved! I need courage before I go into the Dreaded Registry, but I'll give it a go. It's nothing to do with the earliness of the month, as the problem goes way back to the Norton thingy i mentioned. Funny, now and again, there are 2 or 3 bold dates..... (But never when I want them!)
Jay78Dee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?