Online gaming problems with Voyager 205 router

metalliska 17:10 01 Jul 2005

I have a 2Mb broadband connection with BT and i have been having trouble connecting to online servers for some games, namely Battlefield 2 and CounterStrike. Now, i've tried disabling firewalls and anti virus/spyware programs. I've also tried opening up the required ports for the games in the router settings, but i cant connect to any games. I have played other online games with no trouble. I thought that this might be a problem with the router because my friend also has BT broadband, but he bought a separate wireless router and he has no problems. I know this isn't really a games forum but i was wondering if anyone here knows of any issues with this router and online games. Thanks

AndySD 19:27 01 Jul 2005

Disabling a software firewall will not stop it blocking ports. Try enabling the ports in the software firewall as the router

rockerbilly 03:00 02 Jul 2005

hi try this link- i'm not an online gamer but they have good links/posts regarding port forwarding

rockerbilly 03:05 02 Jul 2005

sorry link = click here;action=display;num=1105357259

metalliska 11:09 02 Jul 2005

thanks for the replies. I don't think it is a firewall problem because i didn't actually have a software firewall when i first got the game (only just downloaded sp2!). I think i'll just see if I can get my mate to part with his router for a couple of hours so i can try it on my pc. thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires