Online gameplay

Wolfenstein 00:50 15 Feb 2008

I'm starting to peeved off now, i have medal of honour and counterstrike, aswell as other online games, i try to play online and on all games the server keeps timing me out, i was first told to see if my firewall was causing the problem and do turn it off, so i did, it has still done the samething, i was then told to use a port forwarding site to see if this does the trick, the link i was given does not support the modem i have, i'm on broadband and my modem is a:

Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC

Can someone please help me, no one else has this problem except me, its driving me mad!

silverous 10:34 15 Feb 2008

That isn't a modem, that is a network card.
You don't say if this has suddenly started happening and previously worked, or is this something you haven't tried to do before (playing online) ?

Wolfenstein 15:35 15 Feb 2008

Sorry to take so long in getting back, this is the first time i've started doing it

bstb3 15:48 15 Feb 2008

do you manage to play at all, i.e does the time out happen at random / reqular intervals? Or are you prevented from logging into any server at all?

Wolfenstein 15:59 15 Feb 2008

Prevented from logging on any server at all no matter which one i go to

bstb3 16:11 15 Feb 2008

in the server browsers, do you see anything to do with ping at all? Also when you say the connection times out, is that the error message you receive?

It is worth checking that you have all the updates & patches for the games too, just in case.

Wolfenstein 18:06 15 Feb 2008

no i can't recall qnything to do with ping.

An example is that on medal of honour it just says connecting to server and shows the address then it just says connection timed out, and with for example counterstrike a click to join game then shows very quickly as if the servers loading but thats it nothing else.

silverous 14:12 16 Feb 2008

Could it be windows firewall?

Wolfenstein 15:02 16 Feb 2008

I've tried the firewall settings and completely switched it off but it still don't do any good

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017