Online fax

VNAM75 12:52 10 Dec 2008

I want to fax a 1 page document over the internet. I tried efax's 30 day trial but they ask for credit card details.

Does anyone know of any trial fax software which does not need payment?

Stuartli 13:03 10 Dec 2008

Windows has its own built-in Fax program - you may have to install it from Windows Add/Remove Components.

You will also require a dial-up fax/modem.

Windows, as I said, from the time of Windows Messaging and later the Fax Console in XP, has always provided an excellent fax feature.

Messaging was laid out in exactly the same style as Outlook Express, so was very easy to grasp for those familiar with the e-mail equivalent.

VNAM75 13:26 10 Dec 2008

unfortunately, I don't have a fax modem.

CLONNEN 13:26 10 Dec 2008

Try this webpage

click here

Free Online Fax to 40 Countries including the USA and the World, It is 100% free, with no gimmicks,Limit 2 messages per day. No spam, No registration. Draft the fax below and send. You can also fax a file from your computer.

Stuartli 13:32 10 Dec 2008

Not without a fax/modem...:-)

VNAM75 13:55 10 Dec 2008

Thanks for the help. I've decided to take it to a stationary shop and get it faxed, for about 20-30p.

mavetrek 04:02 18 May 2010

Well, that could be the best choice. Have it faxed via stationary shop. But, by doing it every time you need to fax will add up the cost of your faxing. So, try out internet faxing, lots are free and others have free trial. Try reading some reviews of internet fax at internetfax101.com. thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone