Online facility to check for recent driver updates

JWB 21:44 24 Jun 2003

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a website that you can access that provides a facility to check your PC to see if you have up to date drivers installed. I use Windows XP. Not sure if there is a central resource but it would be nice! Thanks NJ

MichelleC 09:18 25 Jun 2003

There's an Aussi site (url is on pc at home) which you subsribe to. It scans pc etc. I'll see if I can get it tomorrow. If you do a Google search you should get some.

-pops- 11:10 25 Jun 2003

Why do you want to update drivers on a continual basis?

If I have a system working to my satisfaction, I never update anything unless it is something continually evolving such as anti-virus.

There is a lot of danger in messing around making unnecessary adjustments.

Remember your computer is a tool designed to do something useful, not an end in itself to be continually tarted up and updated.

Brian

Belatucadrus 11:43 25 Jun 2003

Run the windows XP update, it will usually advise you if there are updated drivers available, or if you want to you could have a look at the trial version of Drivermagic click here

-pops- 12:06 25 Jun 2003

It is rare that I run Windows updates either. They are seldom of importance to my setup and even the clever employees of Mr Gates have been known, more than once, to make a hash up of their updates, as many on here will know.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires