Online backup services

iconoclast 17:55 19 Mar 2008

Following the theft of one of my PCs, I have decided to use an online backup service to deal with my working files (probably less than 5GB). I have tried the BT service -expensive, restricted capacity, complicated and unreliable - and am currently taking advantage of Carbonite's free 15 day trial (automatic in real time, no size limits and extremely inexpensive against BT). Any recommendations for others which I might consider before I finally commit? Thanks

Pesala 18:00 22 Mar 2008

I cannot comment about online backup, but I backup to Flash drives and keep them in my pocket. Much faster data transfer: click here

Pesala 18:00 22 Mar 2008

I compress data first with 7-Zip archiver: click here

Clapton is God 18:45 22 Mar 2008

I signed up to this click here some time ago, but never got around to using it, so can't comment on its usefulness or security.

5GB of free storage

iconoclast 22:14 22 Mar 2008

Have been using flash drives as a backup for a number of years; problem is that you need to remember to backup frequnetly and regularly (and they are easily misplaced). I have opted for Carbonite's service - unlimited storage (I'm now up to 15GB), automatic backup and only $49/year
But thanks for the suggestions....

octal 07:47 23 Mar 2008

15GB and your computer crashes, I hope you've got a fast connection and no monthly download cap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?