Onetel.net.uk or Onetel.com - Email scam?

Pesala 18:14 26 Jul 2004

My friend tells me that he has been informed that his email address needs to change to username.net.uk to username@onetel.com

This seems like an unlikely move by an ISP, to force a change of email address on large numbers (all) of their customers. Is it genuine?

GaT7 18:28 26 Jul 2004

It is genuine. I just did it for mine yesterday.

I recently made a new secondary email ID at OneTel & had to make it in the format abc@onetel.com. My main ID was def@onetel.net.uk, now changed to def@onetel.com. HTH, G

An excerpt from the email - "Your email will automatically be forwarded to your new onetel.com
address until 1st September 2004 after this date your onetel.net.uk email address will cease to exist. After September 1st we will then return any emails attempted to be sent to this address and advise the sender to replace the onetel.net.uk part of your email address with
onetel.com."

rusty 18:30 26 Jul 2004

I also had notice last week to change my Email address from onetel.net.co.uk.

I went to the web site an compleated the online forms to change my E address ( which should be done before 1st September.)

I recive my Emails via "POP3"using Outlook Express with no problems so I would say this is a genuine change.

I have read somewere that Microsoft are making a universial password for websites using the prefix NET this could be the reason for the change.

Rusty

Pesala 18:46 26 Jul 2004

Thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?