One year problematic toshiba

sadtoshiba 17:17 24 Oct 2007

I would like some advice on a toshiba which was purchased from PC World and is covered by Coverplan. The problems started in November last year in the third year of a five year plan. Two months ago I had been told the product had been written off amongst a whole load of confusion I have been told that it had been repaired and returned to the store ready for collection. I have been told today that the product has been written off bu the authorised request was sent to the wrong person. I have now been told by coverplan that the matter is being treated by the escalation team and that it will be picked up from teh store and written off and I will receive vouchers for a laptop of the same spec. As can be appreciated over the last year having snet the product off more than 8 times has caused me great trouble. I have had to purchase another laptop to use as it is essential to my work. I have also spent more than £300 in phone costs and sent numeorus letters and emails to try and resolve the matter.

I had paid £1500 for the latop and £600 for the cover. I would be appalled if I was given vouchers for a similar product which would now probably be around £400 ish. Can anybody advise me on the possible outcome and if I can claim for the full amount.
Similarly I was told by Coverplan that as the laptop has already been repaired The TechGuys are unwilling to write it off if as has been happening something goes wrong and they decide not to write it off do I have a case?
Thank you in advance for the advice

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:43 24 Oct 2007

This really needs posting in Consumerwatch.

Please tick resolved
and repost in Consumerwatch as you are mre likely to get the required advice there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone