One to one tuition in the Abingdon area?

1936 13:09 12 Feb 2006

I am a comparative newcomer to the world of computing. At the moment I am struggling to learn how to create a slide show with captions on each slide and burn it to my DVD recorder so that I can watch the slide shows at a later date.
Does anyone know where I can obtain one to one tuition for which I am quite prepared to pay in the Abingdon area?

gartoye 13:19 12 Feb 2006

Theres bound to be an online support page for whatever software you are using to make your slide show, look it up on the web & you will probably find its a simple procedure.

De Marcus™ 13:26 12 Feb 2006

If you post the type of software and version number here on the forum, it will be quite likely someone here will be very proficient in it and able to give you step by step guides with answers to any questions you may have. And best of all it's free.

Forum Editor 13:51 12 Feb 2006

of launching into the wonderful world of one-to-one tuition. As a self-confessed comparative newcomer you are not likely to know whether the tuition you receive is good, bad, or indifferent, unless you do it via a personal recommendation, and even then it could end up costing quite a lot.

Free online tutorials abound, as has been said already, and we're always ready to provide help and advice. De Marcus™ is right - there's bound to be someone who uses the same software as you, so provide us with that information, and wait for the help you need.

Keep it all in this thread please - don't post others here, or in the other forum areas.

spuds 14:27 12 Feb 2006

Have you contacted your local library. They usually have lists available for evening/weekend school or local college classes. They may even run a course themselves, if they have internet access.

AndySD 19:11 12 Feb 2006

PowerPoint tutorials click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?