Onboard Sound Card/Pinnacle Probs. PLease Help me!

When I opened up my PC to install a new Firewire port (Pinnacle Studio)I discovered I didn't have a free slot. So I removed my Soundblaster Card and connected the black plug and lead to the Cd in Connector JCD1 on my onboard sound card.I then installed the firewire card in the slot left vacant by the soundblaster card.I no longer seem to have "windows sounds" butI can play Audio Cd's fine using windows media player, and my haupagge TV card works and has sound. However when I try to use Pinnacle I get the message that "Pinnacle cannot initialise audio playback . The audio subsystem may be in use by another program"Although I uninstalled SBlaster my Pc still looks for it on start up. Can anybody help?

howard60 18:18 16 Mar 2003

press f3 and type in the name sblaster and then click on find next when it shows delete the line and press f3 again until the message finished searching the registry comes up. reboot and all should be well. normal dire warnings about the registry apply but normally you get no probs with it.

Thanks Howard, but I put in sblaster as you said but no items were found in "Find now" any other ideas?

I did leave the windows drivers and the dos drivers which can be uninstalled under soundblaster- should I clear the whole lot?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?