Onboard modem not working

mjw 19:41 14 Aug 2003

Hi,
I have bought a new computer which I installed windows 98 second edition on. I have got all the drivers working however there appears to be no driver for the onboard modem.
I have installed the drivers for the network card and that works. I have tried to find new hardware and it finds a PCI card however no drivers are found and then it says it is unknown.The main board is Matsonic MS8308E. I have searched the Cd and the only reference to it is in a folder called Pctel AMRCNR. I have tried using update driver to search these folders for the driver but no luck. it is either SI3024 or PCT303.
When I try to connect to the internet it searches for a modem on Com 1 and 2 but dosen't detect one. If i look under the system tab it shows the drivers for the network card and dial up adapter to be working but underneath under unknown it says other devices and has PCI card under and when I right click it says no drivers installed
Hope that makes sense. Thanks

krypt1c 19:46 14 Aug 2003

You should have a cd just for your modem with the relevant drivers on it. What make is your modem ?

Joe McG 19:46 14 Aug 2003

mjw,

Is it enabled in the bios?

Joe McG 19:50 14 Aug 2003

You will find all of the drivers for your mobo here.
click here

mjw 20:08 14 Aug 2003

Hi,
I checked the website for the driver but couldn't find it however I had a look round the rest of the website and found it. Thankyou!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?