omgjbox.exe

pj3 15:46 23 Aug 2007

I have just bought a Sony Video Walkman NW-A805 and tried connecting it on my PC using the supplied Sonic Stage v4.3. I have also updated the Walkman firmware to v1.02.
The program loads ok and I can import songs into my library and edit them.
However, when I click on 'transfer' I get an error message saying 'omgjbox.exe has encountered an error and needs to close'.
The people at Sony weren't particularly helpful as I built the computer myself. I have installed it on my sons PC and everything works ok. Info on the internet on this goes back a couple of years, but nothing recently.
I have tried disabling the DEP settings but this hasn't worked - any other suggestions?
Windows XP Home SP2, AMD 2800, Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2, 2GB Crucial RAM, Western Digital 160GB.

Kate B 16:28 23 Aug 2007

Use some non-Sony software. Sorry, but Sony is not known for its lean and elegant software and I think you'll be better off first relying on Windows to manage the import for you and then just using WMP or even iTunes to manage your library for you. And make sure you're using bogstandard formats, too - don't use any proprietary Sony formats if you can help it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?