omci dell error

rsturbo 19:42 18 Nov 2008

win xp computer (dell), when i start up the computer omci keeps trying to install but cannot. i have tried to uninstall from add remove programs but cannot it saysi have the wrong file version to do this (or something like that).
i have tried installing the latest version of the file but to no avail still same error message how can i get rid of omci from my dell computer?

thanks for any help

lotvic 20:30 18 Nov 2008

Any idea how you came to have this on your computer?

"Dell OpenManage Client Instrumentation (OMCI) is a Dell developed software application that enables relationship desktops, workstations, and mobile clients to be remotely managed."

"Dell OMCI is available on OptiPlex, Dell Precision, and Latitude client systems. Using OMCI, system administrators can remotely manage assets, monitor system health, and inventory deployed systems in the enterprise."

"Local Installation — The OMCI installation wizard allows IT staff to install the complete package or to do a custom installation of specific components required for a particular environment. OMCI can also be modified, repaired, or removed through the Add/Remove Programs dialog in the Windows operating system environment."

Do you know what version number(s) of OMCI you are dealing with?

If it is listed in Add/Remove then it must be installed. Try disabling it, reboot the computer and then uninstall through Add/Remove

how to disable it
Open control panel, click on Administrative Tools > Services, find the DEventAgent, (rightclick) Properties set STARTUP TYPE = 'disable' This will stop the agent/program from starting at the time you boot your system. You can also click on the ‘stop’ button to disable it for the current session only.

rsturbo 20:42 26 Nov 2008

dell website, enter tag number or model number drivers section download latest version of omci and install - currently 7.5

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?