Olympus DSS Player

guesswho2 20:19 14 Mar 2008

Are there any expert copy typists around?!
My daughter has been trying to do some transcription work at home, using Olympus DSS Player with a foot switch which starts and stops the dictation in her headphones. The trouble is that the USB foot switch which she uses at the office won't work on her home computer.
She has just installed this program on my computer - XP Home +SP2, everything up to date - and the foot switch doesn't work here either.
Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

guesswho2 21:43 14 Mar 2008

OK. Problem solved!

squashed 16:02 19 Mar 2008

I am having a very similar problem to your daughter. How did you get it to work?

guesswho2 21:10 01 Apr 2008

Hi squashed. I'm afraid I really can't offer much help. Having fiddled with Tools>Options>Settings somewhere in Olympus, for no apparent reason I suddenly got the 'Found new hardware' box, whereupon the foot switch magically started to work. However, I was subsequently unable to make it work on her own computer. In the meantime, I had e-mailed Olympus and was informed that they were no longer supporting that model of switch which, from memory, was an RS26 I think. A model 27 is required. Sorry I can't offer further information.

shoopi 13:29 04 Jun 2008

I've spent hours thrashing around trying different options, looking on the internet, installing and re-installing and finally discovered a solution which seems to work for me - when you install, make sure you choose ENGLISH US VERSION and not English UK.

Hope this helps others

All the best

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?