OLEAUT32.DLL problem

Tim1964 22:11 21 Jan 2004

This evening I tried to check if Spyware blaster needed updating but on trying to open it the following error message popped up....

"OLEAUT32.DLL is out of date, a newer version is required" and if I click on OK the prog doesn't open. This is also happening with Ogg Convertor prog.

Any ideas on how to fix this

(In VERY simple terms)

Thanks,

MichelleC 22:30 21 Jan 2004

You can get a replacement here click here It's a while since I changed a dll but I think you rename original to ....old and install new one. If it's even more probs you can revert to original.

Tim1964 22:57 21 Jan 2004

Thanks for the link MichelleC. have downloaded the file and will look for info about what to do with it. I could just move it into the windows/system folder butI don't want to muck anything up ;-(

Tim1964 19:16 22 Jan 2004

I unable to move/extract the file into the system folder as an error message says that the file is in use???

MichelleC 19:33 22 Jan 2004

You renamed original to OLEAUT32.DLL old, and it didn't work? Can you do it in safemode?

There's a few other ways to rectify; you can either CLEAN (no files remaining, even in registry) uninstall Spyware blaster and reinstall, or try a system file checker (depending on os).

Tim1964 00:32 23 Jan 2004

Thanks MichelleC

I needed to install VBRuntime 6.0 to support the prog. The download page on the ogg converter site had a link to it, all sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?