Older graphics software

kimtrnc 12:58 19 Dec 2010

I love graphics programs, and all the major sellers regularly issue new versions. I don't need all the bells and whistles, and I am prepared to pay for the software, rather than pirate...

New versions seem very expensive, as well as being very top heavy - anyone know of a site where I can legally buy older versions of progs like Corel and Xara, please?

Can't seem to persuade any companies to sell me older, less top heavy programs......

wolfie3000 13:11 19 Dec 2010

When you say Graphics software do you mean 3d design?

If so try Blender, its 100% free so worth a go.

click here

woodchip 13:30 19 Dec 2010

I think you mean as Corel Draw! Serif do free old stuff click here

GaT7 16:53 19 Dec 2010

"...anyone know of a site where I can legally buy older versions of progs like Corel and Xara, please?"

Secondhand from eBay perhaps. I got my Paint Shop Pro v9 from there a few years ago for a tenner. The company was called Jasc at the time - that's before Corel took over for v10 onwards. G

johnnyrocker 20:04 19 Dec 2010

how about trying click here?

johnny

kimtrnc 05:16 20 Dec 2010

Johnny Rocker - thanks , that is useful and I will give some of them a try

It's an older version of Xara which I would really like to try, but Xara seem to want me to buy without even a trial

Ironic, really, becauae I distinctly remember going to a Computer Show in Earls court or somewhere like that, and winning the first version of Xara, on floppy disks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?