Old threads in Archive - how to access?

palinka 16:32 10 Sep 2004

Searching the archive in this forum sometimes throws up a really old thread and when I click on it it's no longer available - or is it? if so, how? If it isn't available what's the point of showing that thread?

CurlyWhirly 17:30 10 Sep 2004

Very good question as I have often wondered how to access threads that were posted before I joined the PCA Forum!
I wonder whether they are deleted after (say) a year as the number of threads posted on a daily basis must be astronomical.
CW

palinka 18:12 10 Sep 2004

exactly - I can understand that they are deleted after a certain time, but why then allow them to show up in an archive search?

CurlyWhirly 22:00 10 Sep 2004

palinka
I can understand that they are deleted after a certain time, but why then allow them to show up in an archive search?

Again another good question. Perhaps only the Forum Editor knows the answer to our queries!
CW

palinka 08:42 11 Sep 2004

thanks crx1600, some handy links in your link - but it still doesn't explain CurlyWhirly's point and mine - that these threads are still allowed to show up in a search but then we can't access them.

palinka 17:57 11 Sep 2004

OK folks, I'll tick resolved 'cos we can't solve it; but it's still very irritating.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?