Old style Sony memory stick

Trikie 12:29 29 Jul 2009

Trying to find a website that sells the old style (stick of chewing gum shape) memory stick but they all seem to do only the squarer shaped ones.

What is the correct name of each type?

Stuartli 15:00 29 Jul 2009

Pen drive?

woodchip 15:07 29 Jul 2009

Stick click here=

Key Drives click here=

Trikie 17:17 29 Jul 2009

Thanks Woodchip Some are listed as Mark 2 so presumably the others are older but as far as I can make out from the thumbnails they are all square shaped.

i need it for a Sony DSCP200 camera

BT 17:25 29 Jul 2009

Lots of Memory Stick & Memory stick Pro here

click here=

laurie53 08:07 30 Jul 2009

As an aside, this raises an interesting point.

"Memory Stick" is, in fact a Sony trade mark, and shouldn't be used for usb drives, though I don't know of any cases where Sony has sued for misuse of their mark.

jack 08:53 30 Jul 2009

Just like when vacuuming the front room- the function is referred to as Hoovering-not withstanding it may be a whirling clear plastic box of bits labelled somebody's son or the other.

In fact I imagine the marketing dept of Sony feel quite chuffed knowing their product name has crept into the lexicon for a generic item.

Rigga 08:57 30 Jul 2009

With almost all Sony MS Pro duo sticks (the smaller square ones) you get an adapter for the Sony MS stick shape, the long rectangle.

So as long as the MS Pro duo has an adapter the stick should work fine in the camera. As long as the camera supports it obviously.

HTH. R.

woodchip 11:04 30 Jul 2009

I have a Sony ADSL A200 and use a Compact Flash adapter that I plug SD cards into. As I already Have plenty of SD cards, I could not see why I should start buying Compact Flash cards as well

Trikie 23:32 30 Jul 2009

Thanks everyone. I think it's a visit to Jessops to start with to check out exactly what fits the camera (and buying one from them) before buying more on the internet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?