Old scanner not recognised Xp

chip69 12:16 14 Mar 2005

Have a new computer with XP installed it has picked all the hardware except my old scanner which came with a Tiny pc and used to run on Windows 98 SE, any clues?????

bremner 12:18 14 Mar 2005

Give us a clue about the make and model.

rawprawn 12:23 14 Mar 2005

My old HP Scanjet 3400C had the same problem, but after a look around I found a driver update that fixes it to work with XP. As bremner says we need the make and model to find out if it's possible.

chip69 12:39 14 Mar 2005

It has "Tiny" written on it! the model is FU621D

Chegs ® 12:39 14 Mar 2005

My trusty old HP ScanJet 2200C can be got running in XP,but I have to use FAT32 filesystem.As I use NTFS,XP uses its own driver,but this creates the problem of the scanner remaining permanently on.I had a word with HP and a look round the net,I was advised to disable WIA but when I do,the scanner just keeps on putting up a "Scanner Not Found" error.I gave up and use the scanner on Suse Linux,it works faultlessly and I have no drivers to source/install.

Storik 12:41 14 Mar 2005

Sometimes, but not always, the ME drivers for the older scanners work on XP. It did for my Epson 7000. Might be of help if you can't find updated drivers (I couldn't)

Storik

rawprawn 12:47 14 Mar 2005

Have a look here ,click here also type Tiny FU621D into google there are lots of options which might work for you.

chip69 12:48 14 Mar 2005

sorry to be thick but whats ME drivers?

pj123 13:14 14 Mar 2005

It is a Primax scanner. Also known as Primax Colorado 19200.

There are four drivers listed for XP on Driverguide.com.

click here

If you are asked for a user id and password type in "drivers" for the id and "all" for the password. (without the quotes).

chip69 14:45 15 Mar 2005

thanks for all your help:
In the end (after various alternative attempts failed)
I used the driver on the Tiny website for this primax machine for windows 98.
I also set the WIA to manual (don't know whether this helped at all) and finally I was able to open the twain in "picture it" and also "corel paint" so imagine I can in various other applications too.

Storik 15:39 15 Mar 2005

Glad you got it sorted. Just to clear up the reference to ME. Short for Windows Millennium Edition - sorry.

Storik

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?