old packard bell wireless connection problems

sansue1956 18:07 05 Mar 2010

old P.bell easy one silver, attached belkin G wireless usb network adapter. have BT hub wireless connected. cannot connect to internet. msg read need high speed usb host controller on laptop. how can i get this if i can't connect to internet? do i need to do anything on host computer?
Help tired and stressed out Mum!
thanks Sue

mgmcc 23:07 05 Mar 2010

When a USB 2.0 device is plugged into an older and slower USB 1.1 port, you will usually get a message that it should be connected to a high speed port. However, USB technology is backwards compatible so your Belkin adapter should still work although data will only be transferred at the 12Mbps speed of USB 1.1 rather than at the adapter's own speed of 54Mbps.

Does the wireless adapter appear in the Network Connections folder as a "Wireless Network Connection"?

sansue1956 23:56 05 Mar 2010

Thks for response! Yes the adapter shows up in the Network connections folder as a wireless network connection, but shows also limited or no connectivity, firewalled. But in the belkin folder the signal shows full strength, and any time i try to connect to internet with internet explorer there is no connection, it shows message internet explorer cannot display webpage with symbol of world with big red cross!

sansue1956 00:39 06 Mar 2010

I have now managed to get it all working well, I retyped the wpa key and it all started working.
many thanks for help. Sue

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017