Old for New

muddypaws 10:56 11 Jun 2004

A few months ago in the PCA Mag there was mentioned a download that enabled you to revert to a previous version of a programme that was up-dated. Due to a hard drive failure and now new drives I am trying to obtain ArcSoft Photo Impression 4. I know it's basic ! but I liked it! Version 5 I don't. Just thought there may be a possibility with the above programme. Unless it is available still somewhere.
Alright.......who didn't backup!

GroupFC 11:24 11 Jun 2004

I have photoImpression 4 (not for myself you understand but my boys (9 & 6!) like messing around with it!).

Presumably you no longer have the original programme on CD. It would appear to be still available from Arcsoft for $30! click here

Presumably though you have already paid for this, so perhaps an e-mail to the company explaining your situation (and telling them what a wonderful product it is!), may produce the required result!

Graham ® 11:24 11 Jun 2004

Download the trial version, then purchase it

click here

Salinger 11:27 11 Jun 2004

Provided you still have the license details you can get a copy here click here

alB 11:28 11 Jun 2004

I have to agree with you, I've just upgraded to Version 5 and don't think it's half as good as version 4, anyway I got my version 4 bundled with my Epson scanner, I don't know about the legalities of bundled software, (maybe someone can advise), but if it's OK to copy I can send one to you...alB

muddypaws 13:41 11 Jun 2004

Thanks all.
I do have other programmes, but this is quick and easy. We are all big kids anyway!
I'll have to download it all night on dial up!! As it is showing about 7 hrs.

alB.... I'm quite happy for you to email me via PCA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?