Old green tick question

john bunyan 18:22 22 Nov 2012

I have w7, IE9 When I try to green tick an answer, it will not change colour. I tried to change the PCA site to compatibility view, using tools, compatibility view, but no symbol appeared in the website's bar. I seem to recall that this was a solution. Any views on both issues?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:33 22 Nov 2012

Using any ad blockers?

john bunyan 18:37 22 Nov 2012

*Fruit Bat /\0/*

Yes, DVT+ , Abine, Easy List.(Latter 2 Via Safety, Tracking protection)

john bunyan 18:49 22 Nov 2012

Should have said DNT+. not DVT!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:06 22 Nov 2012

try disabling one at a time and attempt the tick

doubt its DNT though.

john bunyan 22:12 22 Nov 2012

Tried disabling each in turn - still no green tick. Can I "Force" "compatibility view" to apply? I cannot seem to get the icon to appear but think it was there recently.(the double W looking one)

rdave13 23:10 22 Nov 2012

I seem to remember having a similar problem with IE9. No icon on the address bar. Still on this site I went to tools, compatibility view settings and you can add this site for it to always show in CV. That didn't help so ran IE without add-ons (under system tools) and it worked OK. Can't remember which add-on affected it though.

john bunyan 07:33 23 Nov 2012

Thanks for suggestions. Will try them. I usually wait for MS to update IE - is IE 10 out as a main option or as a test option?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?