Old email address question

rawprawn 07:39 31 Jul 2007

I changed my ISP about 3 weeks ago from Tiscali to BT. I am still able to pick up emails at my old Tiscali address. Can anyone tell me how long this service is likely to last?

Taff™ 07:48 31 Jul 2007

About another week I would think. If you need to keep it I suggest you speak to Tiscali and opt for a PAYG account. Then by using the old dial up modem once a month you should be able to keep it.

rawprawn 07:56 31 Jul 2007

Thanks Taff™, no I don't really need it any more most of my mail comes to my new address, but just occasionally an odd one arrives that I hadn't accounted for, so I have been picking them up. I have programmed Outlook to collect from all addresses. I guess when I get an error code that will be it.

Batch 11:37 31 Jul 2007

You didn't say if your old ISP was dial-up (e.g. PAYG) or b'band.

If it is the former, you'll find that Tiscali don't tend to terminate the usage (even if you never dial-in), as long as you check the account occasionally. Not sure what their policy on b'band is, but with many ISPs the email is tied in with the b'band - so when you terminate you lose the email. That's why I don't use my b'band email account(s) - too much hassle if I then change b'band suppliers.

rawprawn 16:29 31 Jul 2007

Thanks Batch, I'm BB. No problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone