Old email address keeps appearing when I try to sign in

ponytail 13:49 31 May 2015
Answered

When I go to sign into my hotmail account my old email address keeps coming up in the signing in section.I never use this email address now or very infrequently.How do I stop it coming up everytime I try to sign in and why has this started to happen

AroundAgain 15:42 31 May 2015

This might be worth a try -

I'm presuming you are seeing your old email address in a drop-down list, or list of options of email address? If so, hover your mouse over the unwanted (old) address and, while it's got blue band over it, press Delete on your keyboard.

I've done this myself in the past to get rid of old options but I may have misunderstood what you are describing.

Please post back to update the outcome :)

Cheers

ponytail 16:20 31 May 2015

What happens is when I click on the shortcut to my hotmail account my old email address is in the address bar so I have to highlight it and type in the correct address.Have tried the following gone into IE clicked on the cog then internet options then on delete in the browsing section under the general tab and made sure that form data was ticked which it was but problem still exists

ponytail 16:25 31 May 2015

When I click on delete nothing happens what is supposed to happen.The only way to make the email address blue is to run the cursor over it and then right click on it and click on delete but nothing happens the address stays there

wee eddie 20:20 31 May 2015

Log out

wee eddie 20:21 31 May 2015

Delete the Shortcut

wee eddie 20:22 31 May 2015

Reenter Hotmail with your new address

wee eddie 20:23 31 May 2015

Create a new Shortcut

Ian in Northampton 20:27 31 May 2015

ponytail: is there something you aren't telling us in terms of changes you might have made to your PC? First, there were the Skype problems, and now it sounds like this is a new problem? Or is it not?

ponytail 08:51 01 Jun 2015

I sign out everytime and this is not as far as I know not connected to the other problem.I will try deleting the shortcut and sign in from IE

ponytail 08:56 01 Jun 2015
Answer

In have just deleted the shortcut and then went into google and entered hotmail.I then clicked on sign in and when it opened my old email address was already entered but the password on there was not acceptable ie incorrect does that make sense to anyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?