Old email address

JaneAttwood 12:54 09 May 2009

I changed my email address and now I need to go back to my old one to find an email. Can someone tell me how to do it and how to change it back afterwards please?

Sea Urchin 13:05 09 May 2009

Go to the website of your old ISP and then the Mail option - enter your old email address and password - then you 'll collect any mail

JaneAttwood 13:26 15 May 2009

Ok - thanks -that was easier than I thought. However I couldn't find my old emails - only the new ones. Is it me? Or have they gone forever or can I still get hold of the ones that were in the deleted folder?

Pineman100 15:46 15 May 2009

If the email you wanted has gone from your previous ISP's mailbox, then it has almost certainly been downloaded on to your computer.

Is it not in your email client's Inbox? Or could you have moved it to the Deleted Items folder - or a different folder?

Pineman100 15:49 15 May 2009

Sorry, I didn't read your final question properly.

I'm not sure whether you mean the deleted folder in your ISP's mailbox or in your email client. But either way, so long as you haven't emptied the deleted items folder, the email should still be in there. Just click on the folder.

JaneAttwood 09:15 16 May 2009

The thing is I can't find a deleted folder on there. And when I deleted all the old emails that I found in the inbox - there was still no deleted folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017