Old 20Gig hard Drive to Format & Reinstall XP Pro

Solartopi 16:17 29 Jul 2007

Hi Gurus,

Yes it's me again trying to pick your brains my friends, hope you don't mind.

In my Evesham Computer I have Three hard Drives. My old 20 gig hard drive that came with it and which I don't use any more as I cloned it to my new 40 gig hard drive some time ago via Acronis True Image 10.

Then a friend helped me to Partition the new 40 gig to keep all my Personal data there. This is now 'G'.

What I wish to do now is to remove the Partition ‘G’ and transfer all my Personal Data to my Old 20 gig.

Is it possible to do that by Formatting the 20gig, reinstalling XP Pro. The 20 gig is almost full that’s why I got the 40 gig.

The third hard drive is also 40gig, of course, will remain as a backup drive. The third hard drive I Clone once a month for safety. I have it disconnected.

Please can anyone Help on how to go about it.

Solartopi

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:49 29 Jul 2007

Whats on the old 20G drive?

Is it your old version of XP pro?

If so just format it and drag the data from G to it and then check its all there before doing any thing else.

TAke a a new image of the XP pro partitionand verify it before proceding further. This is in case the next part fails

Then use a third party program (partition magic or paragon )to merge the partitions on the 40G drive.

If everything goes well then you will have your opsytem on the 40G drive and data on te 20G drive.

Solartopi 17:39 29 Jul 2007

Fruit Bat /\0/
Whats on the old 20G drive? Everything that's on my 40gig minus all that I have put on after the first Cloning.

I will try it all out.

Thanks

Solartopi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?