OGM file

K.H 21:30 08 Sep 2004

Hi people

I've just downloaded an OGM file type, and when i try to play it using Windows Media Player, it's telling me it can't read this file type. Is there any codecs i can download or programs that i can download to enable me to view this file. thanks.

K.H

P.S it's a video file.

Simon_P 21:36 08 Sep 2004

Dont know if you can get the codec for Windows Media Player

click here for more info in the OMG file type

Simon_P 21:37 08 Sep 2004
  K.H 21:39 08 Sep 2004

for that. Hopefully it's got a usefull link.

Best regards

K.H

MIke 22:05 08 Sep 2004

You'll need Sony's Sonic stage as supplied with their Minidisc players.Unless you got a minidisc or A Sony Vaio you can't do much with this file type. I got a MD player and Sonic stage allows you to transfer music tracks onto it, if you got a Vaio (which I haven't) you can burn them to cd as well.
I've done a fair bit of searching but haven't found any software that can convert these OMG files to MP3 or CDA I'm sorry to say
click here for a forum where you may find something useful

MIke 22:09 08 Sep 2004

and here click here

K.H 22:10 08 Sep 2004

Thank's for that MIke. I've managed to find a program which allows me to view the video, but i now need a way to convert the file to a .avi so that i can encode it and burn it onto a cd-r to save my hard-drive space. Does any one know any programs which allow you to do this please?

Best regards

K.H

MIke 22:17 08 Sep 2004

Just realised I gave you info based on Simon7063 posting of OMG not what you wanted OGM.
Sorry!

K.H 22:18 08 Sep 2004

no probs, but did have me confused for a while ;)

MIke 22:20 08 Sep 2004

Have a look here for converting software might be something useful click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?