Office xp (word) lost password

TEC 14:49 24 Sep 2004

someone created a word document last month using office xp, now he can't remeber the password. How can she recover from this except purchasing softwares like aoxppr_p and wordkeyd wich are very expensive?

Mr A! 14:52 24 Sep 2004

on click here. Search for word password or something. I know there are a few shareware programs that should be able to recover your password.

Djohn 15:18 24 Sep 2004

There are often very genuine reasons that someone may forget a password and there are programs available to recover these. Your request is a little confusing as you say that someone created a document then HE can't remember the password and how can SHE recover same.

Unfortunately the forum is not allowed to help in these matters or give links to the applications. What we can do though is point you to google dot com where you may be able to find the information you require. click here

pj123 17:00 24 Sep 2004

The whole idea of putting passwords on sensitive information is to stop unauthorised people from accessing it. If you password something then it is up to you to remember the password (otherwise what is the point of doing it). As Djohn points out we can't help you on this Forum as that would be unethical. There also seems to be two people involved with this problem. A (he) who put the password on (who should be able to remember it) and a (she) who can't recover it (who probably doesn't have access to it anyway).

Is the he/she not just a typeing error?

VoG II 00:26 25 Sep 2004

CAPS LOCK ON / off?

Other than that I cannot offer more.

I am also confused about the gender of the paswordee (is that a word?). Not that it is relevant.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?