Office XP and Service Pack 1 - problems

LJM 21:16 23 Feb 2003

I have tried to install Service Pack 1 for MS Office XP Professional, but I have xperienced a problem and get an error message, which is:

Error 1311: Source file not found: D:\Office1.cab. Verify that file exists and that you can access it.

I tried to install Office Service Pack 1 from a CD direct from Microsoft. When I first tried it got to a certain point and asked me to insert the Office CD and this I did and shortly afterwards the error message came. It asked me to retry or fail and I retried with no success. So I failed the installation. Thinking there may be a problem with the Office installation itself, I the tried to repair Office from Control Panel and again it asked for the Office CD and again the error message came up. I tried to restore the PC to an earlier time to see if that cured the problem, but no it did not. I did this twice in fact. I then tried to uninstall Office and then re-install it, but it would not re-install as the same error message came up. Finally, I have re-installed Windows XP Home, and even that has not done the trick.

I now have substantial amounts of work that I am unable to access. As a a matter of interest I have Office 2000 as well and tried to install that and got exactly the same message. I can find the file (Office1.cab) on the CD, no problem. Any ideas, please?

Lozzy 21:32 23 Feb 2003

try this click here also if you do a search on PCA there are many threads on the topic

LJM 12:02 24 Feb 2003

Thanks for the info'. Will try this later.

Forgot to mention that the CD will not Autorun and neither will any other that I try to run. I know this is probably very simple, but how do you activate Autorun? Thanks

Lozzy 12:19 24 Feb 2003

check your BIOS settings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?