Office XP Service Pack 1

fitshase 13:58 20 May 2003

While trying to install this update (in order to correct the dates for tasks on Outlook 2002 Home), I get the error message:-

Error 1328. Error applying patch to file C:\Config.Msi\PTB7.tmp. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch. For more information contact your patch vendor.

Retry Cancel

What does this mean as I cannot seem to find it in the Microsoft Knowledge Database. How do I fix it?

Regards

Fitshase

The Transporter 14:04 20 May 2003
  fitshase 14:31 20 May 2003

Yes it is a genuine version. The link that you have sent me refers to an error message during install for Winword.exe.

The reason why I am puzzled is because the service pack is looking for a directory on my hard drive that does not exist (i.e. C:\Config.Msi\PTB7.tmp).

Regards

Fitshase

Andsome 15:23 20 May 2003

It could be that your version of XP already includes SP1. Mine does.

fitshase 16:05 20 May 2003

Cheers for that but the Microsoft "analyser" says that I have not got it.

Also, the problem I am experiencing is with Outlook XP and that problem is cured by Service Pack 1. Therefore, I am assuming that the service pack is not installed.

Cheers for the advice though.

Regards

Fitshase

Andsome 17:20 20 May 2003

Click on 'My Computer' System information. If SP1 is installed with XP it will say so if you carefully read down. Mine says in 'GENERAL'

Microsoft Windows XP, Home edition, Version 2002, Service pack 1

Djohn 17:32 20 May 2003

Yep, same with mine, says service pack 1, even has Andsome's name on it as well! We must have the same good looks, or the same CD. ;o)

Granger 17:49 20 May 2003

What does it say under "About Microsoft Outlook"? If its SP1 it'll say so there. Try putting your Office disk in and choosing Repair Office. If that doesn't work you'll have to use the add/remove (the office one, not the windows one). Don't forget SP2. You can order both on a single CD from good ole Bill.

fitshase 18:34 20 May 2003

I have Windows XP Service Pack 1 installed but I am trying to install Office XP Service Pack 1.

Granger - I have had a look under "About Microsoft Outlook" and it doesn't say anything about Service Pack 1 (or SP1).

I have tried the repair option - still no joy - and I have removed it and re-installed it - still no joy.

I think that I am just going to give up and wait a while, as my girlfriend is doing her teaching course and we are going to order the student version of Office XP for her laptop.

I'll remove my version then install that version and see if it makes any difference. Then I think I shall have to take it up with to person I bought it off.

Cheers for the help.

Regards

Fitshase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone