Office XP Serv Pack 3 Update Prob.

Legslip 20:40 26 Oct 2010

I seem to be unable to download an update "Office XP Serv Pack 3". I get the following "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Enter an alternative path to a folder containing the installation package PUBMSI "

I am using Win 7 and have Office 2007 installed but that does not include Publisher so I installed Publisher 2002 from an old Office disk.

I can't get past the error message even if I put the old Office disk in the drive.

Any ideas?

Legslip 20:41 26 Oct 2010

Sorry, can download but can't install!!

Legslip 11:35 31 Oct 2010

Is this not possible to resolve????????????

onthelimit 11:48 31 Oct 2010

Sorry, why do you want to download an XP update on a W7 machine?

chub_tor 11:54 31 Oct 2010

I cannot answer your question as to why the service pack won't install but if you look down the list on this page click here I can see nothing in it that addresses Publisher 2002 problems. Reference is made to just about every other module but not Publisher - so are you sure that you need it? The link does give some guidance on installing the service pack without the original Office disk - even though you have it. Have you tried running Publisher without the service pack installed? Is there a problem with Publisher without it?

chub_tor 11:55 31 Oct 2010

Office XP is not related to Windows XP and is compatible with Windows 7 - take a look at the link on my reply.

onthelimit 13:03 31 Oct 2010

Thanks - brain just saw 'XP' and missed the 'Office' bit!

Legslip 10:09 01 Nov 2010

Thanks Guys. I'm not particularly bothered about installing the update cos it is an old prog. but still useful. Is there any way I can stop Win 7 constantly telling me that this update is available?

gengiscant 10:13 01 Nov 2010

Go to windows update, let it scan.
Right click on the update you don't want and then click on hide.

Legslip 21:00 01 Nov 2010

Gengiscant.
GENIUS! Well done, cracked it. Many thanks.
Legslip

Legslip 10:28 12 Nov 2010

How do you hide an update in XP?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone