Office xp missing file

User-2A1A8EED-B1B2-454F-8F199443AE648272 17:12 02 Feb 2006

I run an P4 3.04,XP home.I just upgraded to Office XP,every time I try to use office or update I get a pop up asking for file-(sku011.cab)-I've looked on the disc and tried a reload,repair and leaveing the disc in but I still can't find the file or get over the problem.The programs seem to run ok.Any suggestions,as I've tried MS site and thier workround does'nt help

beynac 17:53 02 Feb 2006

I found this on another forum. I know you've got Office XP, but it could help. (The file is apparently hidden on the disc).

"Just a note for anyone else trying to solve this problem for Office 2003 on Windows XP -- I occasionally play around with the services on my machine, disabling those that seem to be sucking up memory for no particular good reason. I was also experiencing the SKU011.CAB problem: I couldn't start Excel, and when it prompted me for the Office installation disc, it wasn't able to find the file, even though I could locate it myself in Windows Explorer. Turns out that one of those services I stopped, called "Office Source Engine", must have been the cause. I just quit out of all my installation/repair dialogs to get back to the desktop, started that service, and was instantly able to open Excel with no problems."

PC Bilbo 18:10 02 Feb 2006

This problem is also common to Office 2003. Here is Microsoft's workaround

click here

SurfMonkey _#:@} 18:14 02 Feb 2006

try this from another forum on net

Go into Registry Editor (Start, Run, "regedit"). Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software, Microsoft, Office, 11.0, Delivery. There should be only 1 directory under Delivery, which is your DownloadCode (mine was 90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9). Select that directory. On the right side of the screen, right-click on CDCache. Change the value to 0. This worked for him, but be very careful anytime you edit the system registry.

sidecar sid 19:12 02 Feb 2006

Did you delete the office setup files when you finished the initial installation?

Ta surfmonkey,did the regedit and it worked in fact it starts quicker.Tried the other's first but could not get them to work.But sorted now,the forums come good again :}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?