Office XP and IMAP email accounts.

ShanghaiDave 18:54 16 Jun 2004

I have recently moved to windows xp on a new laptop. I have previously used office xp, outlook being the program in question with the exact same email account that I am trying to use now. I have entered all the settings in correctly (I have checked these numerous times believe me!) but each time out look either completely freezes and the only way to get things going again is to ctrl alt and delete and end the process or outlook connects to the server and nothing happens. Now I can confirm that outlook connects to the server as the server is on my computer and it states that my user name is connected via imap (I've tried both unsecure and secure). Now I know the obvious answer is it is a fault of the mail server but it is not as I have tried it with various other email clients and they have all worked. But the point being I want to use Outlook xp (this is outlook xp I am talking about btw and not outlook express - which works fine for some bizarre reason). The mail server is kerio mailserver which I have recently upgraded thus the installation is new (it did not work before the new installation either) and I have today uninstalled office xp and installed it again but still the same problem with outlook. So my question being does anyone have any idea why I am getting this problem, keeping in mind on my old windows me machine both the same programs worked fine so it is not a conflict between the two programs.

Also outlook xp seems to work ok over pop3 but it only recognises my inbox which is no good as I have several other folders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?