Office XP Activation

Bransgrove 17:31 31 Jul 2003

I am about to reformat one of my hard drives. Does anyone know how to find and or copy the file with the Office XP activation code. This will save me further grief if format and re-installation does not go according to plan (there is no reason why it should go wrong).

Djohn 17:47 31 Jul 2003

Not sure if you can. But no problem as when you re-install Office it will ask you to "Activate", if you go on-line and click yes, It does it automaticaly for you. If not on-line then a quick phone call and use of your phones key-pad, exchange some numbers that you are given and all done without speaking to anyone. j.

Steven135 17:58 31 Jul 2003

Show hidden files and folders - documents and settings - application data - microsoft - office - data - copy - data & data.bak

Djohn 18:05 31 Jul 2003

Knowing that information will not activate a fresh install of Office.

Steven135 18:13 31 Jul 2003

Djohn:

Many moons ago I used these files to re-activate after a reformat of my C-drive, just placed the files in the relevant folder after install re-booted and (providing there has been no hardware changes) it was activated.

Unless something has changed?

Steven135 18:16 31 Jul 2003

Just googled this:

click here

Djohn 18:34 31 Jul 2003

My apologies, I did not realise this method could be used. My main intention is that Bransgrove does not find himself in a position of being unable to re-install his Office program. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017