office XP

wobbler 22:20 18 Jul 2003

I am having all sorts of niggling problems with Office XP running on Windows XP Pro. I ran the Detect & Repair from the help menu within Office and that failed. So I tried tht repair option on the CD, That failed. Si I tried to uninstall Office both from the Cd and using add/remove programmes in control panel and that failed. In short I can do nothing with Office. Any Ideas?

wee eddie 22:23 18 Jul 2003

Did you upgrade from a previous version of Office, or was it a clean install on a new PC?

wobbler 22:26 18 Jul 2003

It has been working fine for months, but now when a document is opened the fonts are corrupt and the layout is distorted. This changes for each document in word. It was a clean install originally.

wee eddie 22:50 18 Jul 2003

It's just a possibility that you've caught a cold!

Steven135 23:05 18 Jul 2003

You could try posting on the microsoft office newsgroup: msnews.microsoft.com

microsoft.public.office.setup

jazzypop 02:19 19 Jul 2003

Search for all copies of normal.dot, and delete them all (or simply rename them to something like normal.old).

Reboot, and a new normal.dot will be created next time you start Word. You will need to re-apply any customisations you have made to your button bars and standard start-up template.

wobbler 15:22 19 Jul 2003

Did that and still get the same response. When I try to uninstall/add/remove Office XP, the program starts then returns to the desktop with all office windows closed down.

-pops- 15:24 19 Jul 2003

Have you tried the newsgroup suggested by Steven135?

jazzypop 16:25 19 Jul 2003

It may be an installer version problem - check the links in my posting to this thread - click here

wobbler 17:32 19 Jul 2003

Tried all of the above and still no good. waiting for a reply in the Office Newsgroup!!Would it help if I deleted the office XP folder?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires