Office update problem!

pac73 22:51 27 Jul 2006

Ive not been able to install any updates for office 2003 for a few months now.Ive installed service pack 1 and a couple of patches for it,and 2 updates in feb 2006.But nothing since then.Does any one have any ideas why this might have happened.

Forum Editor 23:59 27 Jul 2006

When you run the update checker on the Microsoft site - are you told there are no updates, or are there updates which you can't download?

terryf 00:31 28 Jul 2006

I have a total of 10 Office updates showing in my control panel>Add/remove with 'show updates' ticked at the top of the list, how many do you have?

pac73 23:47 29 Jul 2006

Terry,ive got 3 updates,annd 5 patches.And ive got sp1.But they were all installed at the beginning of the year.The last one was at the end of feb 06.

gudgulf 00:06 30 Jul 2006

I don't know if this s any use,but your post made me check my own Office 2003 installation which also hs not received any updates recently.

I tried the Office update checker click here

Click on Check for Updates.

It told me it could not see what updates were needed becouse either Installer files were missing or the Windows installer version had been updated since previous updates.

For me the reason was simply that during a disc cleanup I had removed the Office Installation files.

This meant I couldn't uninstall Office either.....it errored saying it couldn't find the original installation source!

I used the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility click here;en-us;290301 to remove Office (be careful to select ONLY Office 2003 for removal) and then reinstalled from the Office cd.

It updates properly now.

Hope this helps.

gudgulf 00:08 30 Jul 2006

Darn this site and links to Microsoft!

click here for the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.

pac73 00:15 30 Jul 2006

Thanks guys,but ive not got the office 2003 cd.It was on my pc when i bought it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?